The Internet of Things (IoT) is revolutionising many aspects of our working and personal lives.
At ControlBits we're dedicated to helping you discover, utilize and enjoy IoT technology through education, hardware development kits and open source software. Along the way we aim to build an open and vibrant community.
Our first product, the 'EMIT' (Environmental Monitoring IoT) development kit is current live on CrowdSupply.com - check it out at: https://www.crowdsupply.com/ControlBits/EMIT
EMIT is an IoT development kit for the popular ESP32 and contains everything you need to monitor and control your environment.
EMIT’s core environmental monitoring & control board includes:
- Socket for 30-pin ESP32 DEVKITv1 board
- An Integrated temperature and humidity sensor
- A MicroSD socket
- 5 Amp SPST relay
- An IO expansion socket
EMIT is available 'board only' or as a full development kit. The kit comes with everything you need to get started including:
- 30-pin ESP32 DEVKITv1 board
- vented, wall-mountable enclosure
- 8 MB MicroSD Card
- USB Cable
Software & Documentation
Our goal is to make EMIT the perfect starting place for your next IoT project, regardless of your ambitions or skill level. So when we designed EMIT we also created:
- a step-by-step firmware development guide (for MicroPython)
- a free MQTT broker (https://MQTTHQ.com)
- a sample MQTT application client
- and an online support forum
All documents will shortly be available in our GitHub repository!