Developing products that connect to the ‘Internet of Things' (IoT) isn’t easy; every new product or application requires a
lot of different elements to work seamlessly together.
At ControlBits we provide hardware development tools, open-source software and infrastructure that already work together - dramatically reducing the risk and time-to-market of IoT products.
EMIT (Environmental Monitoring IoT) is an IoT hardware development board for the popular ESP32 IoT module.
Designed to accelerate the development of solutions for the Smart Buildings, Environmental Monitoring and Smart Agriculture sectors, EMIT contains
everything you need to quickly develop IoT based monitoring and control products and applications.
EMIT's core features includes:
- Socket for 30-pin ESP32 DEVKITv1 module
- An Integrated temperature and humidity sensor
- A MicroSD socket
- 5 Amp SPST relay
- An IO expansion socket
EMIT is available 'board only' or as a full development kit. The EMIT development kit comes with everything you need to get started including:
- EMIT ESP32 development board
- 30-pin ESP32 DEVKITv1 board
- Vented, wall-mountable enclosure
- 8 MB MicroSD Card
- USB Cable
Software & Documentation
Our goal is to make EMIT the perfect starting place for your next IoT project, regardless of your ambitions or skill level. So when we designed EMIT we also created:
- a step-by-step firmware development guide (for MicroPython & Arduino/C++)
- a free MQTT broker (https://MQTTHQ.com)
- a free Environmental Monitoring dashboard 'EMIT LIVE'
- and an online support forum
All documents and code examples are available in our GitHub repository!